Sunday, December 13, 2009

Yeah, so? What's it to you?

Sometimes I am a bit surprised at some of the negative reactions and criticism I have received from others regarding my natural VBAC birth. I guess I just don't understand what bothers people so much about it. I mean seriously...if it were THAT risky, why would any obstetrician agree to perform a VBAC? Keep in mind too, that an obstetrician will only consider a VBAC on a case by case basis. It's not like every woman that has had a c-section in the past is a good candidate. Anyway, if you know me you know that I tend to take a holistic, natural approach with things before resorting to the conventional method. This is just what I feel is right for me and my family.

I'll step off my soap box now...

2 comments:

  1. To be quite honest Dawn, I had no idea what a VBAC was until after you had Abby. So I was like all for it because it was what you wanted to do...and I happen to think that you are a highly intelligent woman capable of making some pretty darn good decisions! And I was right! Here you are, here Abby is, and you're both happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Vannessa! I appreciate your kind words of support.

    ReplyDelete